Are you man enough to conquer your fear? Then, pack your things fellas. We’re going on a hike!
Discover the wholesome and breathtaking scenery of Mt. Kupapey in Maligcong, Bontoc, and Mountain province. Where you can relax with your love ones and at least forget your dilemmas in life for a while. Mt Kupapey is a stress free and budget friendly for those who really into hiking and a nature lover. It takes 11 hours going to Bontoc from Manila; it’s instagram worthy and you will be amaze once you already reach the peak of the mountain with 1,642 meters above sea level. It will show up the whole Mountain province with extra sight of Mt. Fato and Liknon falls
Special features: Sunrise, Sea of Clouds, Pine Forests, Maligcong Rice Terraces
A peaceful view from top of the mountain and extra sight from Mt. Fato. After a long trekking you can take a deep breath and enjoy the view.
After trekking you can visit the Linkon Falls near Mt. Kupapey, natural running water from the mountain.
Below is a complete list of accommodation in Maligcong, Bontoc. Rates are as of January 14, 2020. Contact the given numbers for updates/changes.
1. Chen’s Sacya-an Home
- Rates: Php 350 per head for both Double Deck & Single Room
- Amenities: Common Toilet and Bathroom, Hot & Cold Shower, Toiletries
- Other Services: Tour Guiding, Tea & Coffee Making
- Contact: 09562805628, 09207939550
2. Suzette’s Maligcong Homestay
- Rates: Php 350 – Php 400 per person
- Amenities: Toilet and Bathroom, Kitchen
- Other Services: Restaurant, Tour Guiding, Souvenir Shop, Parking Area, Terrace Viewpoint
- Contact: 09155463557
3. Terrace View Homestay
- Rates: Php 350 per person for both Double and Single Room
- Amenities: Common Toilet and Bathroom
- Contact: 09151881732
4. Vilma’s Guest House
- Rates: Php 300 per person
- Amenities: Common Toilet 7 Bathroom, Hot & Cold Shower, Kitchen
- Other Services: Tour Guiding, Parking Area
- Contact: 0905701148
5. Dong-Elay’s Maligcong Homestay
- Rates: Php 350 per person
- Contact: 09120246406
Tips and reminders
- The best time to hike to Mt Kupapey is during the early morning to chance on the best views.
- Don’t ever litter. Let us help in keeping Mt Kupapey clean and green.
- Avoid picking flowers along the way. They are for your eyes only.
- Respect local customs and traditions by refraining from acts or utterances that may be offensive to the community. Among these include Public Display of Affection or wearing of mini-shorts.
- Refrain from smoking when hiking to the mountain.
- Don’t just hike for the sights. Learn from local stories. Share casual stories with your guide. Create meaningful moments.
- Enjoy. Connect. Find yourself.
(Source: Daniel Maches)
For further inquiries you can visit their facebook page: Mt. Kupapey