If you haven’t tried Sourdough bread before, then you’re missing out! Because Sourdough is a type of bread that has been fermented using Lactobacillaceae and yeast, which gives it a very distinct taste. Basically, the bread becomes chewier, tastier, and healthier and it is easy to digest compared to normal or whole wheat bread.
But the sad truth about Sourdough bread is that it can be a bit more expensive than regular bread due to its high cost to make, but don’t worry because that’s where B55 Microbakery comes in; not only is their Sourdough bread high quality but it is also very affordable as well. You can buy Sourdough bread from them for as low as 70 Pesos!
Located in Katipunan Avenue in Quezon City, B55 Microbakery is a small humble shop that aims to provide its customers the beauty of Sourdough bread without the hefty price, they make artisan-quality Sourdough from the classic Filipino Pandesal to international bread like Brioche, Shokupan, and the French Baguette.
Here’s a brief list of their menu:
- Sourdough Batard – 150 PHP per loaf
- Slightly Tangy, Vegan Friendly Loaf with thick golden crust and a moist crumb
- Sourdough Pandesal (Plain) – 110 PHP per dozen
- Healthiest Variation of the classic pandesal, hefty but soft and easy to digest
- Sourdough Shokupan – 195 PHP per loaf
- Fluffy, doughy sliced loaf with a milky and subtly sweet flavor
- Baguette – 70 PHP per loaf
- 13-Inch-long French bread with a crisp crust and butter soft and chewy crumbs
- Foccacia – 150 PHP per loaf
- Flavorful and fragrant olive-oil infused Italian flat bread with a crunchy thin crust and moist interior
- Shokubuns – 180 PHP/pack of 6
- Rich and pillowy brioche burger buns with a caramelized top
To see their full menu, you can check out their official Facebook page which will be provided below.
Aside from their bread, B55 Microbakery also has its own gourmet food for delivery called B55 Gourmet Delivery. They serve dishes that also incorporate their Sourdough into their recipe, take for example their Pizza which was made using-well, you’ve guessed it, Sourdough! This gives their pizza crust a distinct taste and texture.
They also have umami-filled dishes with which you can pair their bread, like their Carrilleras de Wagyu which is a slow-cooked wagyu beef cheek in red wine and anise sauce, or you can try their Oyster Sisig or their Roast Beef which is a 48Hour slow-cooked beef belly.
The shop is led by Chef Miko Santos, a true artisan chef in which he represents his passion for Sourdough and wants to share it through B55 Microbakery.
To know more about B55 Microbakery, you can check out the information and links below.
Location: B55 Microbakery
285 Katipunan Avenue 1108 Quezon City, Philippines
Operating Hours: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday)
Contact Number: 0917 807 0401
Disclaimer: Credit to the rightful owners. We do not intend copyright infringement with these photos.
Pio Angelo Despi
De La Salle College of Saint Benilde Antipolo Campus